Coming out to do live events again is a re-emergence into LIFE! I’m excited to share my journey over the past few years, and I’d love to know about yours.
- I successfully transitioned from CEO of Starlight Orchestras to selling the company to my long-time friend and advisor Evan Tyler, who now runs the larger Starlight Music. Under this umbrella I produce and perform with my amazing band, The Starlight Orchestra, and concentrate on my ultra-luxe niche in the event industry.
- I released a new album “Healing Music Volume 2” which won awards for Best World Fusion, Best Meditation, and a nomination by the Independent Music Awards for Best New Age Album!
- I was honored with an award by the Coalition of Visionary Resources for being a thought leader in the field of music for mindfulness and wellness;
- I wrote a chapter in a Best-Selling Book entitled The Wellness Universe Guide to Complete Self Care: 25 Tools for Happiness; (my chapter is on the Healing Power of Music.)
- During the pandemic I hosted my own weekly show on Awake TV called “Groove into Bliss: Musical Meditation and More.”
- I’ve been a featured speaker and “music healer” on the weekly consciousness raising show, “Saturday Night Alive for the Global Peace Tribe“
- I played lead guitar on Ananda Das new album, Flow Like A River
- I’ve been preparing enough new music for the release of several new albums and a live concert series in the STILL CHILL THRILL format.
- I became a member of Women in Jazz South Florida, and was featured in the spring issue of their magazine, MUSIC WOMAN (article below)
Valerie Romanoff: Bandleader and Producer
Valerie Romanoff is a multi-groove musician leading the way in the music industry. From directing The Starlight Orchestra to creating award-winning meditation and yoga music released on her Healing Music albums, Valerie’s mission is to share love, positivity, and mindfulness through music. Her projects have earned her a long-standing reputation as an innovator, thought-leader, conscious entrepreneur, life coach, and stellar musician.
Valerie is known for her bright presence onstage, her skill at crafting a range of musical experiences, and her talent for bringing together world-class performers. She is a multi-instrumentalist noted for her captivating and energetic electric guitar playing. Perhaps Valerie’s greatest contribution is offering the vibrations and intentionality of music as a path to inner harmony and wellness to a more peaceful and compassionate world. During the pandemic, Valerie brought her heart-felt music to global gatherings and online forums that helped people navigate these turbulent times. Valerie was a guest on the high-vibe variety show “Saturday Night Alive for the Global Peace Tribe,” along with Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, Neale Donald Walsh and many other luminaries and artists. She hosted a weekly show on Awake TV called “Groove into Bliss”, guiding people to inner peace and stillness through music, and using up-tempo music to activate prayers and intentions for the conscious manifestation of our wildest dreams. Through the online shows, life-coaching, and private healing sessions, Valerie reached those searching for deeper meaning.
Valerie is a bandleader, healer, light-worker, composer, writer, producer, and guitarist. She is a force in the world of music. As a music industry pioneer she was the first to design her corporate event band to rival the quality of headline entertainment.
Valerie enjoys spending meaningful time with her children and grandchildren, often hosting the little ones for magical weekends at her home on the lake. She has a passion for being in nature, especially on a stand-up paddle board on the water under the evening sunset sky. The inspiration in these sacred moments are infused in her music for everyone to share.
By raising the standards of the industry, her influence is responsible for every elite dance band currently on the market and she has performed all over the world for celebrity weddings to political events, galas and fundraisers. In her recording studio, she infused new music with the qualities that inspired her life. Different styles of music elicit a wide range of emotions. For Valerie, music is a tool for deepening our inner experience. By harnessing the energy contained in music, she shapes her environment.
Growing up, Valerie learned about the world of business and finance by working in her family’s real estate and meat companies. Yet she gravitated toward the metaphysical and creative arts on a lifelong journey of self-discovery and spiritual awakening. Fascinated with personal transformation, she experimented with the joy of music to uplift others. Aside from jamming with musicians, collaborating with bands, frequenting recording studios and visiting clubs, she took many lessons. She sought out teachers who were masters in their musical genres.
The Healing Music series of albums feature sounds and rhythms for relaxation and light movement, and exotic world instruments to create a sense of global connection . Her philosophy of STILL, CHILL, THRILL gained traction when she realized that the varied tempos and the intensity of each musical piece produced a state of well-being in her listeners and affected different aspects of their minds, bodies and spirits.
Valerie raised her family in a peaceful suburb of New York City, and ran Starlight Orchestras in the bustle of Manhattan, where the company was being recognized as a top music provider for super-luxe events.. Then she experienced the magic of Sedona, Arizona, where she felt inspiring energy and sacred wisdom in the red rocks. Her visits to Sedona became an integral part of her life’s journey and a catalyst for deep change, joy, and transformation.
She brought groups of friends, family, and colleagues to experience the powerful energy of Sedona. Her projects were infused with the creative potential that Sedona represented for her. Valerie broadened her reach as a guitarist and a musical creator of live events, understanding the power of mindful living, clear communication, and self-responsibility.
Valerie completed a three-year course in Mind, Body, and Spirit Psychotherapy, which she continually uses to navigate life as a parent, bandleader, writer, and composer. Whether performing live Kirtan and Yogic music with Eastern artists, grooving with funk bands in small clubs, engaging large audiences at private events, or creating a musical explosion on stage at festivals and concerts, Valerie remains undaunted by what some perceive to be a dichotomy in the branding of her musical persona.
“I am creating a full spectrum catalogue of music to encompass varying emotions and tempos that we go through every single day. My music can accompany, encourage, or affect all of these states of being and serve as a soundtrack to life.”
Through her “STILL CHILL THRILL” music, Valerie participates in the growing global conversation about uplifting our world with compassion and love, and by helping us find our way to inner peace through the joy of music.